Intermodal Freight Transport
We are a leading provider of transportation and logistics services throughout all of North America, and we’re expanding Universal’s Intermodal Freight Transport Division. We can offer the best options and advantages such as top-percentage pay with competitive rates and more home time. Drivers are the backbone of Universal’s success, and we support our contractors by treating you like family. Join Universal and see why our drivers love working here.
Benefits & Compensation
- Sign on bonus available in most locations
- Referral bonus available in most locations
- Home daily and weekends in most locations.
- Paid weekly and Direct Deposit available.
- Assigned, modern equipment.
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Traditional & Roth
- No-touch Freight
- Consistent Miles
- Competitive Rates
- Plate and Insurance Programs
- U-SAV Program – Discounts on fuel, cell phones, hotels and much more.
- Veteran Friendly – Available training for current or recent military personnel. Contact us directly for more details.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid CDL Class A from the state of residence.
- Must have 1-year of verifiable tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years.
- Must provide an acceptable work history for the past 10 years. All gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- A copy of a valid, long-form physical and medical card that has been performed within the last 12 months.
- A DOT drug test with a negative result is required before an applicant starts driving.
- No discharge for safety reasons from a previous employer.
- TWIC card may be required in some locations.
- Any preventable accidents within the last 3 years will be reviewed.
- No more than 2 license suspension for non-moving violations.
- No more than 2 moving violations in any type of motor vehicle within the last 3 years.
- No license suspension or disqualification for traffic convictions within the last 3 years.