Over-the-Road Company Drivers
We’re eagerly looking for motivated drivers who want over-the-road opportunities. Universal serves the industrial market by providing logistic support from coast-to-coast, Canada and everywhere in-between. We can offer special opportunities such as weekly direct deposit, Peterbilt Trucks and compensation toward health benefits, to name just a few. So if you’re looking to earn serious money while hauling great freight in one of our new trucks, you’re just the person we’re looking for. Now is the perfect time to hit the road with Universal Truckload Division.
Benefits & Compensation
- $1000 Sign-On Bonus
- $500 Referral Bonus program
- More home time available depending on location.
- Pay Weekly – Direct Deposit available
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- U-SAV Program – Discounts on Fuel, Cell Phones, Hotels & Much More.
- Veteran Military Benefits – Available training for current or recent military personnel. Contact us directly for more details.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid CDL Class A from the state of residence.
- Must have 1-year of verifiable tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years.
- Previous logistics or warehousing experience is excellent, but not required.
- Must provide an acceptable work history for the past 10 years. All gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- A copy of a valid, long-form physical and medical card that has been performed within the last 12 months.
- A DOT drug test with a negative result is required before an applicant starts driving.
- No discharge for safety reasons from a previous employer.
- Any preventable accidents within the last 3 years will be reviewed.
- No more than 2 license suspension for non-moving violations.
- No more than 2 moving violations in any type of motor vehicle within the last 3 years.
- No license suspension or disqualification for traffic convictions within the last 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol (DUI/DWI) related convictions or incidents within the last 5 years. Incidents over 5 years will be reviewed.
- Criminal convictions may disqualify an applicant from further consideration. All criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis after taking into account the relevant facts and circumstances, including but not limited to the type of conviction, the date it occurred and its relevance to the contractual services to be performed.
- Must be capable of prolonged sitting for up to 11 hours per 24 hour period driving.
- Must be able to climb in-and-out of cab and on-and-off trailer several times per day.
- Must be able to perform pre-trip inspection, safety inspection and end-of-day inspection which requires stooping, bending and crouching.
- Must be able to tarp and un-tarp freight. Tarps may weigh up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to pull bungee-cords to chest level to assist in the tarping of load.
- Must be able to securely-ratchet taut, securement tie-downs with up to 100 pounds of force.
- Must be able to throw as many as 10-15 (10 lbs) straps and/or 5-10 chains (25-30 lbs) over freight to secure load. May occur more than once a day.