Intermodal Freight Transport
Universal is proud to be looking for more owner-operators and company drivers nationwide for intermodal container work. We are a leading provider of transportation and logistics services throughout all of North America, and we’re expanding Universal’s Intermodal Freight Transport Division. We can offer the best options and advantages such as top-percentage pay with competitive rates and more home time. Drivers are the backbone of Universal’s success, and we support our contractors by treating you like family. Join Universal and see why our drivers love working here.
Benefits & Compensation
- Sign On Bonus available in some locations, contact a recruiter for more information
- Referral Bonus available in some locations, contact a recruiter for more information
- Home nights and weekends
- No touch freight
- Competitive Rates
- Significant Fuel Discounts
- Plate & Insurance Programs
- U-SAV Program – Discounts on Fuel, Cell Phones, Hotels & Much More.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid CDL Class A from the state of residence.
- Must have 1-year of verifiable tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years.
- Must provide an acceptable work history for the past 10 years. All gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- A copy of a valid, long-form physical and medical card that has been performed within the last 12 months.
- A DOT drug test with a negative result is required before an applicant starts driving.
- No discharge for safety reasons from a previous employer.
- Any preventable accidents within the last 3 years will be reviewed.
- No more than 2 license suspension for non-moving violations.
- No more than 2 moving violations in any type of motor vehicle within the last 3 years.
- No license suspension or disqualification for traffic convictions within the last 3 years.
- Don’t meet these requirements? Check out our Contractor Development Programs Contractor Development Programs
Operating areas, contact a recruiter for available opportunities