Refrigerated Freight Transportation
Owner-Operator & Company Drivers
Universal is proud to announce that we’re eagerly looking to hire owner-operators for our Refrigerated Division. These temperature-controlled produce and pharmaceutical loads are all no-touch freight, and we can offer great incentives and options such as 100% coverage for fuel surcharges, higher percentage pay and more home time, to name just a few. In addition, if you have logistics or warehousing experience, we’ve been waiting for you to apply. Be calm, cool and collected by shifting into Universal’s growing Refrigerated Division today.
Benefits & Compensation
- Drivers average $1300-$1700 per week
- $1,250 SIGN ON BONUS
- 26% of linehaul to start, 27% after 6 months, 28.5% after 2 years.
- 26% of linehaul averages out to .55-.66 cpm on all miles.
- 70% of our freight pays detention after 1 hour from pick up or delivery time.
- Health, dental, vision insurance after 3 months and paid 1 weeks vacation after 1 year.
- 401k after 3 months. 50% company match up to 3% of pay.
- Drive a Peterbilt 379/389.
- Out 17-21 days with 3-5 days at home.
- U-SAV Program – Discounts on Fuel, Cell Phones, Hotels & Much More.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid CDL Class A from the state of residence.
- Must have 1-year of verifiable tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years.
- Previous logistics or warehousing experience is excellent, but not required.
- Must provide an acceptable work history for the past 10 years. All gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- A copy of a valid, long-form physical and medical card that has been performed within the last 12 months.
- A DOT drug test with a negative result is required before an applicant starts driving.
- No discharge for safety reasons from a previous employer.
- Any preventable accidents within the last 3 years will be reviewed.
- No more than 2 license suspension for non-moving violations.
- No more than 2 moving violations in any type of motor vehicle within the last 3 years.
- No license suspension or disqualification for traffic convictions within the last 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol (DUI/DWI) related convictions or incidents within the last 5 years. Incidents over 5 years will be reviewed.
- Criminal convictions may disqualify an applicant from further consideration. All criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis after taking into account the relevant facts and circumstances, including but not limited to the type of conviction, the date it occurred and its relevance to the contractual services to be performed.
- Don’t meet these requirements? Check out our Contractor Development Programs Contractor Development Programs
Operating areas, contact a recruiter for available opportunities