Flatbed / Open-Deck Freight Transportation
Universal is eagerly looking for motivated, flatbed owner-operators who want both regional and over-the-road opportunities. Universal serves the industrial market by providing logistic support for shipments requiring flatbed and open-deck equipment. We strive to help all of our Universal team members to be successful by offering many options to meet individual needs and goals by offering rental trailers, 100% coverage for fuel surcharges, top percentage pay and much more. So if you’re looking to haul great freight and earn serious money, we have vast opportunities available. Hit the road with Universal and get into the fast lane to success.
Benefits & Compensation
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- $500 Referral Bonus program
- $2.05 average per mile rate to the truck
- 100% Fuel Surcharge
- Weekly settlements
- Home time opportunities
- Rental trailers available
- Plates & insurances
- Top % pay in the industry
- U-SAV Program – Discounts on Fuel, Cell Phones, Hotels & Much More.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid CDL Class A from the state of residence.
- Must have 1-year of verifiable tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years.
- Must provide an acceptable work history for the past 10 years. All gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- A copy of a valid, long-form physical and medical card that has been performed within the last 12 months.
- A DOT drug test with a negative result is required before an applicant starts driving.
- No discharge for safety reasons from a previous employer.
- Any preventable accidents within the last 3 years will be reviewed.
- No more than 2 license suspension for non-moving violations.
- No more than 2 moving violations in any type of motor vehicle within the last 3 years.
- No license suspension or disqualification for traffic convictions within the last 3 years.
- Don’t meet these requirements? Check out our Contractor Development Programs Contractor Development Programs