Team Truck Driving
Today, team truck driving is in high-demand because of the many benefits it offers. With another person in the cab, both the driving time and the load responsibility are shared. Overall, more miles, fewer stops and a quicker turnaround time earns more money. While some of the best teams are married couples who enjoy the extra earnings for their household, many driving teams are comprised of either friends or another professional driver. So whether you already have someone you want to drive with or you need us to pair you with someone, we have plenty of miles for team drivers. Start earning more by beginning your team truck driving career with Universal today.
Benefits & Compensation
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid CDL Class A from the state of residence.
- Must have 1-year of verifiable tractor trailer experience within the last 3 years.
- Must provide an acceptable work history for the past 10 years. All gaps in employment must be accounted for.
- A copy of a valid, long-form physical and medical card that has been performed within the last 12 months.
- A DOT drug test with a negative result is required before an applicant starts driving.
- No discharge for safety reasons from a previous employer.
- Any preventable accidents within the last 3 years will be reviewed.
- No more than 2 license suspension for non-moving violations.
- No more than 2 moving violations in any type of motor vehicle within the last 3 years.
- No license suspension or disqualification for traffic convictions within the last 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol (DUI/DWI) related convictions or incidents within the last 5 years. Incidents over 5 years will be reviewed.
- Criminal convictions may disqualify an applicant from further consideration. All criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis after taking into account the relevant facts and circumstances, including but not limited to the type of conviction, the date it occurred and its relevance to the contractual services to be performed.